Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Assignment #5

The Benefits of Podcasts in the Classroom
This podcast talks about how podcasts can help students with class work and learning. I really like that it can make it possible for a student who is sick to still get what happened in class that day. Also it's good that it allows the students to be creative, and allows parents to see what their children are doing in class. 


The Practical Principals
This podcast is an audio type podcast where the two people discuss their life as principals. I think that the casual manner of speaking is good for a podcast because it is easy to listen to and understand. I learned from this podcast that it is better to have some sort of visual whether it be a still picture or slide show.


100 Ways to Use Your iPod
This article was very informative and useful for anyone with access to an iPod( which is almost everyone). I am one of those people who still considers an iPod to be "music only" so I had no idea it was capable of so many helpful things! I think that I will definitely be using some of these applications for school related purposes. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Haley! I enjoyed reading your blog post! I agree about the benefits of the podcast. It is great for students who are sick to get their work. I would have loved that in high school. It is also great that parents can check to see what their children are doing in class. If I were a parent I would be very appreciative for the podcast. I didn't read the 100 Ways to Use Your iPod, but I wish I would have now! You'll have to show me some of the useful applications!(ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Haley!

    Podcasting has a lot of pros and few cons for use in the classroom. One of my favorite points is that podcasting offers the teacher (coach) a great deal of flexibility. This activity can be as structured or non-structured as is necessary for a given situation with a given group of students.

    Your blog looks great. I think you need to put spaces in you title. It should read, "Haley Riviere's EDM 310 Class Blog". Otherwise, keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete