Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog Assignment #11

A kid at a computer
First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class and Skype Interview
The video of Ms. Cassidy's first graders was so inspiring and motivating. The use of technology in her classroom by the students is great. The fact that the six year olds are blogging and using internet sources just like we are is proof that we have to become technology literate in order to teach them. I hope that the use of technology in the classroom will become just as frequent in our area.
The skype interview was interesting because we got to hear Ms. Cassidy's opinions and experiences with technology in the classroom. Hearing how she uses technology in her classroom gave me lots of examples of what I could do to use technology in my classroom in the future. I really like that she lets her students blog as a way of practicing their writing. That is very good experience for them because they get to share stories with many people and get comments that encourage them to keep at it. I think one problem that could arise from this is that maybe the parents would be uncomfortable with their students writing to be accessible to anyone. But Ms. Cassidy explains that you can protect their identity by not using last names and by not matching pictures with names. I think that what Ms. Cassidy is doing in her classroom is great and should be done in all classrooms.





1 comment:

  1. "I think that what Ms. Cassidy is doing in her classroom is great and should be done in all classrooms." You have given yourself marching orders. Don't forget!

    ReplyDelete