Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blog Assignment #10

a pen and paper




An Open Letter to Educators
I thought that this post by Morgan Bayda was a very good way of saying that our education system needs to change. I really enjoyed Dan Browns video. He made some great points as to why the current way of teaching and learning at Universities has to change. We now have access to all these facts that we are told to memorize just by getting on the internet so we should be spending that time collaborating and thinking and learning. I definitely agree with Morgan about trying to stay awake sitting in a class listening to someone read off a power point. When she said how her computer class taught her ways of learning and collaborating that changed her way of doing research, I thought about how that sounds like EDM 310 for me. It is so different than most college courses and I think that all Professors need to start moving towards this type of teaching and learning.



Two Questions That Can Change Your Life
This video was really inspiring. I think that everyone should see this video before they graduate high school. It really makes you remember that everyone has a purpose and that we really can make a difference in this world. I love the idea of asking yourself "Was I better today than yesterday?" Because everyday should be an improvement of our lives.
My Sentence: I plan to create hope and inspiration for children who come from unstable home lives and to make sure all children know that they are capable of anything and that someone believes in them, by using education as my guiding light.

1 comment: